Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Helping a co worker out when everyone is judging him

 He was under distress and does a job that no one else likes to do.

He was mad and angry as one might get after weeks of no fixes. Starting to attack everyone involved as to why nothing is being done. Not all problems are fixed in a second. He has Covid and not feeling well today and sent out an email which was not helping anything. My team mate was getting frustrated helping him as he was sick the week prior and wasn't able to fix it yet.

I called him up and asked how he was feeling. Told him about my Covid first time to comfort him before going to the issue at hand.

He let it out and this time I listened instead of interrupting him with my plan. Even with a plan he was not happy. He was blaming everyone for his issues and not focusing on his work because he thought everyone was judging him. I paraphrased this to him and after he was much calmer with the plan I have for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment